Thursday, February 28, 2013

Terminator Thursday

Got the Termies all base color sprayed and based last night. I want to make sure they could at least get on the field for Saturday. They obviously still need a lot of work, right now they are mostly just blended bone with no details haha. Sixteen Termies formed up look pretty bad a$$
While at the Chucks the other day I played the Nephilim and the left wing popped off. And that's after I've had the tail section pop off two to three times. While working on these guys arms have come off, body and legs have separated not to mention a few other glue failures on normal guys. At first I was thinking it was just a random thing but the more and more it happened it seemed more of an issue. I went to the shop and talked to some of the guys who said they also have had the same issue and were thinking it must be a bad batch of glue. If that's the case it sucks, but hopefully will be resolved quickly. The other thought that pops in my head is they've changed the formula (I can see them trying to save some coin and go with something cheaper to make it) which would really suck. I like GWs Thick Plastic Glue, the strength and work time are both pretty good. When it's working correctly that is.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Those are coming along nicely - I love the bone color you're getting.

    Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks .. after this weekend I'll be able to focus on getting more done and starting less haha ..

    ReplyDelete