I've had some questions about what I use for stencils so here's what I use and how. Stencils are pretty simple but figured it might help to show how easy it really is.
- Transparency Paper
- Image to use as a Stencil (I've downloaded some off the net and have drawn a few)
- Xacto Knife
- 3M Painter's tape
- Airbrush or Aerosol paint (you can even you a large round brush and apply light dabbed strokes, you'll have to do it thin and apply multiple to keep it looking smooth)
1) Draw or print out the design you want to use as a stencil. Remember that you are going to be relying on the negative space of the image.
5) Spray the stencil - you can use an airbrush or an aerosol spray. Like I was saying above you can also use a large round brush and apply light dabbed layers to keep it smooth.
6) Let the paint dry for a few mins then carefully remove the tape. You're done.
Hope it helps someone out there!