Friday, July 21, 2017

Front Line Assembly

 Well.. I'm down to the final model I "have" to get done for Nova. And since it's the last one I wanted to put a little extra love into it and little did I know that yes this one would require it. The resin was crazy warped and even heat treating it didn't help as much as I would like. So I had to hit up some of the areas with putty. I thought I was on the last coat but looking at it now I'm going to need one more to be completely smooth.
 I played around with it on a Death Company Rhino and I liked the look so I added some chain to the cow catcher 8). I wanted this Rhino to look like a work horse and adding some chain in made sense. Sadly the back of a Rhino isn't the best to add hooks so they might go on the front. I just don't want to add too much and junk it up.
 I also wanted to add some xtra track sections. Most WWII tanks would carry spares for repair so I figured that would still be a good idea in the future. I got some spare track bits off a buddy and started to build a strapping setup. Last night during the Hobby Hangout I showed it to John for his opinion and he recommended adding some more to it... sadly ... **Side note >>> He also called me out for the OSL on the inside of the Drop Pod which I knew was mediocre but I have time constraints. So now I'm thinking about going back into the guts of the Drop Pod some .. grumble.<<<  Anyway... I also used some tank bits to add as restraints and ends of flamer cables as pin caps... took awhile but I think it looks decent....Thanks John ... sort of...... 8P
Right now it's just held on by Blu Tac, I'll have to paint some of the bone sections and will glue it on once I have that section painted.

Progress seems to be on track and I'm pretty optimistic about my time frame. Scott is heading over tomorrow to help with wiring (SO MANY Wires) for the Display Board so hopefully that goes well. The Display Board buildings are almost all cut and correct. I need to get a piece of particle board as a base then I'll start to get the foam and pieces in place plus the wire trenches cut out. Tonight I just need to get the second landing pad based out like the other in case we make a lot of progress with the wiring tomorrow. 8) .. I can always hope haha

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Triple Play

 I wrapped up the three pieces I've been working on lately.. Which is nice as I really only have 1 Rhino and the display board. So I feel like my progress is on track which is nice haha.. As long as the display board goes well I'll get it all done 8)
 I mucked up the top mech area by the turbine and took the purple OSL back a slight bit. I built it separately so wasn't exactly sure how far to do out. Was a little too far out so cleaned it up a bit. I also added a few scratches to the platforms.
 On the outside I added a good but of soot streaking .. with it ripping through the atmo I figure it would have a solid amount on it ..

 I cleaned up some of the small areas on Corax..  Honestly he needs more work to be high level but as I have other bits to get done so I have to call it and say good enough.
 The missile platform is also done, I have one more and a Sat Comm to get done as well. I broke one out to see how I wanted to paint them. They aren't for the army itself but for the display board..  I also ordered a pipe which should be in next week.
Getting closer to being done.

Monday, July 17, 2017

On Display

 This weekend I got some solid work on the Raven Guard Display Board done. I needed to get this mocked up so I whew how high to make another section of the display. It's still far from done but it's built and mostly figured out. I'll have two of these on the display, one for each flyer. Yes... this display board will be big .. maybe too big haha
 This section of the display board is a landing platform with a hanger style door. If all goes well I'll be lighting up all of the white chevrons on the landing pad. There will also be some lights on the wall section. I think this display board will have about 100 LEDs if I can get it finished.
 One of the secret weapon generators sits on the base..  I'm thinking about getting some of the GW pipelines to add on.. I think it might be a cool addition.
 There's a section under the door that will be added to hold the circuit board that will connect the wires. And sadly it will be a lot of wires. A lot.
 Right now it's just the base colors colors on the platform, it will get a bit more details and a lot more grime.
 I'm pretty happy with it so far..  this week I'm going to cut the other landing pad and get it started.

 The platform has guards for the side but sadly last night I wasn't feeling so good and was rushing to get them built only to realize this morning that I glued the wrong vertical supports on the wrong pieces haha..   When it's time to go to bed ..  just go to bed 8)
 Did the chipping and grime (hard to see in the picture) on the first missile platform. Just needs the gems and missile tips painted. Not too much.
I also added the RG symbols to the pod and added two more layers of grime. I'll be adding some soot streaks to the bottom of the pod and a little more grime to the turbine then calling it done.