Wednesday, November 8, 2023

NMM .. is... annoying

 

So I've been working on the Palatine Blades here and there as time permits..  It's been hectic with Halloween and other events going on but progress no matter how slow is progress haha....

That said NMM is truly annoying, it makes my brain hurt as I go through it and work on the reflections. As I work on them I kind of figured out I need to set them down and give them a few days of cooling off and then coming back to them.

I feel like my eyes reset and I see the existing flaws and can then start to make it look right. I've gone through them many times haha.. but at least it seems to be working. I think they look decent but no where near the level of some of the crazy stuff out there. That being said I don't think many go to those levels for an entire army. These guys are really going to take some time.. alot. this is 10 models and it's been awhile 8\ .. I have a lot more models to work on and yikes.. Whelp.. I'm in too deep to burn back now.

After the work on the greens during DreadTober I really played around with the glow for the Charnabal Sabres' and I'm pretty happy with the look. I left the Prefector's Sabre with the fire look as I liked that too but really wanted it green. Figured it looked ok so he stands out. But I feel the green really pops and I wanted it to have a choppy look and not a smooth glow blend. I'm still debating on adding OSL but right now I've been working on the NMM so I haven't had the juice to mess with that yet.

So.. they are coming along. I have some Praetors' I need to get one as well as a Recon Squad, another Contemptor and a Rhino. 


No comments:

Post a Comment