Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oh Deimos!

Got started on appling the weathering powder to the Deimos. The powders were really sticking to the tank for some reason. Usually powders don't stick that well, I don't know if it was the resin or just ... was. I had been gluing before starting on the powders so I had my fan on which later caused me some issues. It appears it had kicked up some powder and was spraying specs here and there. I didn't notice it till it was too late. So after I cleared the tank I started to go over some of those areas with white. Still have work to do but it's coming along nicely. I haven't done anything with the guns yet but they should take too long. I also want to paint something on the top hatch but still haven't completely figured it out yet ..







I finished getting another Razorback together so now I have two built up and ready to spray. It's funny how quickly I can build one now. I can still remember back to building my first one and looking at the instructions. Now, it takes longer to de sprue and clean it then to build it. haha

6 comments:

  1. I love the white to brown transitions over the model. White is a tough color to work over sometimes, but weathering powders always seemed to show up so nicely over that color for me and produce nice effects.

    Good job.

    Ron, From the Warp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks .. yeah the weathering powders really stuck to this tank .. more so then the speeder I was working on. It does really make it stand out against the white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine paint job. Love the white/yellow rusty effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! .. I just have to knockout the turrets and details and it should be ready to rock 8)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one well-worn tank! The color modulation is excellent. I'm huge fan of these new FW throw-backs. Any markings or chapter symbols going on?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ! Yeah I went heavier then I normally due since it's suppose to be OLD and has taken many beatings.. I'll do something on the top hatch and numbers on the front or sides. 8)

    ReplyDelete