Thursday, July 18, 2013

Charging the guns

Tonight I'm getting another test game in, I'm still working on a list I like and want to take to Nova. Last night I got a little work done on the WarWalkers. I got the basics done on the guns and sprayed the plasma chambers. Sadly my white airbrush paint was chalking up and appears is on it's last legs haha.. no matter what I did it would splatter. I even tried to mix it in another pot adding flow aid and water but no go .. I think it's just too old. This weekend I'm pretty busy but hoping I can get to a hobby shop to pick up some more. I have more to do on it so no biggy, I just want to get some of the basic colors on there. The pilot will be mostly black I think, I'll add some purples in as well to keep my CW color theme.
There are vents on the gun that will also be sprayed white to give it a glow but since it was splattering they will wait. I also need to add the ... well they looking bow balancing weights .. stabilizer things. They will also be bone colored I'm thinking. right now they are mostly blue. Some black and metallics will also be added on the engine section. I had to cut painting short to spray the Walkers and Spiders with clear since they will be on the table tonight. I don't want them losing any paint.
This is what I'll be running tonight:
1850 Pts - Codex: Eldar Roster - 1850 Mech 2x Seer on Bike 2

Total Roster Cost: 1847

HQ: Farseer
   1 Farseer, (Eldar Jetbike,Singing Spear)

HQ: Farseer
   1 Farseer, (Eldar Jetbike)

Troops: Dire Avengers
   10 Dire Avengers
      1 Wave Serpent, (Holo-Fields + TL Scatter Lasers + Shuriken Cannon)

Troops: Dire Avengers
   10 Dire Avengers
      1 Wave Serpent, (Holo-Fields + TL Scatter Lasers + Shuriken Cannon)

Troops: Dire Avengers
   6 Dire Avengers
      1 Wave Serpent, (TL Scatter Lasers + Shuriken Cannon)

Troops: Windrider Jetbike Squad
   3 Windrider Jetbike Squad

Troops: Windrider Jetbike Squad
   3 Windrider Jetbike Squad

Fast Attack: Warp Spiders
   8 Warp Spiders

Heavy Support: Dark Reapers
   5 Dark Reapers, (Reaper Launcher + Starshot)
      1 Dark Reaper Exarch, (Eldar Missile Launcher + Flakk Missiles + Fast Shot)
      1 Wave Serpent, (TL Scatter Lasers + Shuriken Cannon)

Heavy Support: War Walker Squadron
   1 War Walker Squadron, 0 pts
      1 War Walker, (Scatter Laser + Starcannon)
      1 War Walker, (Scatter Laser + Starcannon)
      1 War Walker, (Scatter Laser + Starcannon)

I removed the Aegis mainly because I don't know if I'll have the time to make an Eldary one before Nova and I really don't want to use the imperial one. I also took out the Warlocks, I just don't think they are worth their points having a low leadership and no way to stop peril death with only the one wound. I bumped up the number of troops which is going to be a must since it's mainly about objectives and added another Wave Serpent. I think the list is pretty strong, but it does have a weakness in my eyes. High AV flyers. If I play IG with a ton of V's or Chaos with the 3 OP Dragons I'll have a very tough time. Lower AV flyers can be handled by my WS's or the Reapers, the Reapers have the Str8 Missiles and the Ex has Flakk but I don't see them killing the high AV with any consistency. Guided they might have a solid chance but .... I don't know. haha.

I printed out the Nova missions so we'll be running one of them, I'll probably be picking one of the harder ones for my list to handle. My friend Josh will also be playing his Orks so I need to see if I can handle the numbers he's going to throw at me haha...


No comments:

Post a Comment