Monday, September 18, 2023

Honor Aut Nihil

 

While at Nova and playing Zone Mortalis I realized I wanted to make another force and since ZM is smaller points it wouldn't be too bad. That was my initial thought but it still turned out to be more then I was initially expecting. So now I'm working on a Loyalist Emperors Children force... we'll see how big it gets haha

I have some more on the way as well.. Right now I'm sadly waiting on Dragonforge bases I've ordered. It's been almost 2 weeks and they are still processing. So hopefully they get them moving soon. I'm to the point I'm probably just going to start painting them off base.

But since I was waiting I repainted an old Relic Contemptor I had...
is now 






I wanted to figure out my color scheme and he's pretty close. I will add a little more weathering and what not but I'm happy with my purple. I need to play with the gold a little more.. But it's nice to paint something a little different. His arms are magnetized so add the Las and have some more arms on the  way,..

6 comments:

  1. He looks awesome Todd! I really like your purple & gold color scheme, and that has to be the best shade of purple I've ever seen on a mini! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe .. I'm liking the mix up from painting a crazy amount of black haha... I'm still playing with it on the first Squad I'm painting but so far I'm liking the look. 8)

      Delete
  2. That looks fantastic! I love the extra little details on the Relic Contemptor, it's a wonderful sculpt. Any chance of you painting another Dreadnought for DreadTober ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc .. I have a couple other Contemptors so maybe I'll hope back in for some Dreadtober .. it's been awhile since Greg and I started Dreadtober 8)

      Delete
    2. We still invoke your name (and Greggles) every year for good luck :-)

      Delete