Tuesday, July 31, 2018

I hear you knocking.. but you can't come in..

 This weekend I got some more work done on the pieces for Nova. I started to put in some time into the Dread Drop Pod doors getting most of the Acrylic blending and chipping done. On the outside at least.. tonight my plan is to work on the hazard strips on the inside edges of the pod.
 The black is blended but harder to see as I cleared it with a protective gloss. It will get hit with matte once I'm done but for now it's more of keeping the multiple levels safe. I had forgotten over the past few months how many levels of work it took haha
Base Coat
Clear Coat
Chipping Fluid
Under Color Blend
Chip
Clear Coat
Clear Coat
Chipping Fluid
Blend Top Color
Chip
Clear Coat
Clear Coat
And that's not counting the time spent masking haha... sheesh.. only having about a month to get some stuff done is pushing it for sure since I still have so much on the house I'm trying to get done. But it is what it is... I should be able to get there as I'm making solid progress on the pod.
 I also added and chipped the Raven Guard Symbol and the XIX on the side of the doors...  (hard to see the 19th on the side but it's there) so add another series of chipping for that 8) I think it is looking pretty good so far. I still have to do the inside of the doors as mentioned and the details then I'll start to go in with the oils and poly..
 I also blended the spines as well so they are almost completely done. I have to finish the detail work on the base and the turbine which I've done a little on but really I don't have a ton more to do other then the weathering which I want to save to do all at the same time. I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll have the pod done and the 20 Tac / Recon guys built... 

No comments:

Post a Comment