Monday, September 18, 2017

Wonky Times..


 Last week I was working on the Sicaran.. I was blending out the black shades and after doing that I cleared it many times and let it dry for a day. Thinking it should be ok I masked off the area I wanted to have the white line. Well.. when I started to chip the white it was pulling off in huge sheets. That got me nervous.. I had soaked the model and even scrubbed it with a toothbrush and dish soap but it appears that wasn't enough this time. So I had large pieces start to pop off as I removed the tape for the mask. I was annoyed so I cleaned my airbrushes stood up and left the table for about a week haha.. I was pretty bitter. It might not look like much blending on to keep the color black I usually fade from black up to about 30% black and then work back down. It takes awhile but I like the final blend so when it started to pop off I was understandably annoyed 8/ ..

Yesterday I did finally get back to it .. I had to actually sand a large area of the model .. going rough and then ultra fine. So now it's mostly back to where I was before the paint popping. The one side still needs more blending to fix the areas affected so once I get that done I can move on to the next step. I'm still trying to figure out how much white I want to add to other areas.. I like the large strip but I think its going to need at least one more section. I'll also be adding numbers and what not like the other tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment