Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Turn and back..

 I made a lot of progress on the Ork Flyer over the past week. Liking the way the new building was looking I continued painting it and moving it forward. I got a lot of the weathering done and got the plane mount done. It's basically just a rod that runs under the flap and then slides into the floor of the building. I'm going to build up some debris over the mount point in the building and I have to paint the rod to blend it in on the plane.
 I mounted the rear gunner and started to work on him.. he needs a lot of work but he's coming along.

 I had worked on the thrusters last week and realized there were seams where they were joined together so I had to putty them up and then sand and start the repaint. They still need some work but they are getting close to what I  want them to look like.

It will probably take me another couple of days but then it will be finished up. I'm glad, I've been working on this off and on for a while and it will be nice to have it wrapped up. It's been a fun project but wow has it taken some time haha.. I think its coming out looking pretty cool so I'm pretty happy with it and it will be my main entry into the Crystal Palette at NOVA. I have a few other things I need to wrap up before NOVA gets here and it's less then a month away now..   at least I'm not painting a whole army this year !  8)

No comments:

Post a Comment