Friday, September 25, 2015

It's Dread TOBER!!!!

At Nova this year Greg came up with a good idea. He said we should all pick a model and then each paint it up using our own various painting styles. I thought it was a great idea and we then brought it up to John who also thought it a very cool idea. So now we are embarking upon the first of these group paint challenges. We through around all kind of ideas but we settled down on an Ork Dread.. a Kan to be more exact. Or at least a Ork walker in Kan size. From all of the talk it will be a wide variety of looks. There will be a mix of solo models and diorama looking models, I personally don't play Orks so mine like the plane will just be to look cool.They can be out of the box or scratch built.. or anywhere in between.

So far it's :
Greg > Feed Your Nerd - Mr. Ork himself
John > 40K Hobby Blog
Mike > Mini Mayhem
Me >  ..  you're already here.

If you are interested please add a comment and I'll add you to the list. The time frame is October.. 1st to the 31st. Planning and purchase can happen before but all work should be done in October! Make it look however you want! .. just make it Ork and of Kan size.

I have had this box of Kans for years and now it will get built. I have a couple of ideas but I'm going back and forth as to whether I want it to be Vicious or Funny. I'm leaning toward funny...  if I can make that happen. I have some Ork bits but I might need to pick some stuff up.. I also need to look to see what I can actually use..  I don't know the Ork kits very well 8)

So again.. if you are interested please let me know! It looks like we have some other challenges in mind down the road so if this one doesn't seem interesting maybe one of the others will tickle your fancy. This isn't a competition it's just to have fun and see how each person puts their own take on the same model. It's all for fun.. 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment