Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Let's Streak ..

Getting there.. I worked on the main body of the Fire Raptor this weekend and got some good progress. Right now it's still a little glossy and a little raw as I haven't finished up all the cleaning of the streaking. It needs to be toned down a little bit .. it's enamel so I can still work it tonight. I'll basically just wipe away some heavy streaking.
I only glued on one of the wings last night, I wanted to let it full dry before I started to move it around. I want the wings attached so I can make sure they match up with paint while I'm finishing up the weathering.
I like adding on the weathering/streaking after the edge highlights to tone them down. I don't prefer the extreme edge highlight look and I think the streaking really breaks it up nicely. I brought the grey down on the hull to keep with the black look.
I'll also be cleaning up the front a little as well. I started working on the front and side guns. They are almost done and can be added on pretty soon. I'm pretty happy with the look of the gunship and I think when it's finished it will have a solid look. I wasn't going to go heavy weathered but I felt the black plane needed it. I'll have to see how the models themselves look and if they need some mucking up as well. But,..  once this one is done I have the Storm Eagle to jump onto..

I originally was going to use it for my Dusk Wolves so I painted up the base coat in the Sons of Horus colors so I could then paint it White and then chip down to this but now that I'm going with Raven Guard it will be getting painted over with Black. A little sad as I like the blends I have started on here haha.. but it is what it is 8)
I traded a friend for the Storm Eagle so it was already built but I'll be removing the stubby little tail to replace it with the larger rear tail fin I made.
It really surprised me how much bigger the Storm Eagle looks compared to the Fire Raptor.. maybe it's because the FR isn't completely built or the front side fins. Now looking at it I think it is the front side fin. It really makes it look wide. Hopefully some more progress tonight ..

No comments:

Post a Comment