Friday, July 21, 2017

Front Line Assembly

 Well.. I'm down to the final model I "have" to get done for Nova. And since it's the last one I wanted to put a little extra love into it and little did I know that yes this one would require it. The resin was crazy warped and even heat treating it didn't help as much as I would like. So I had to hit up some of the areas with putty. I thought I was on the last coat but looking at it now I'm going to need one more to be completely smooth.
 I played around with it on a Death Company Rhino and I liked the look so I added some chain to the cow catcher 8). I wanted this Rhino to look like a work horse and adding some chain in made sense. Sadly the back of a Rhino isn't the best to add hooks so they might go on the front. I just don't want to add too much and junk it up.
 I also wanted to add some xtra track sections. Most WWII tanks would carry spares for repair so I figured that would still be a good idea in the future. I got some spare track bits off a buddy and started to build a strapping setup. Last night during the Hobby Hangout I showed it to John for his opinion and he recommended adding some more to it... sadly ... **Side note >>> He also called me out for the OSL on the inside of the Drop Pod which I knew was mediocre but I have time constraints. So now I'm thinking about going back into the guts of the Drop Pod some .. grumble.<<<  Anyway... I also used some tank bits to add as restraints and ends of flamer cables as pin caps... took awhile but I think it looks decent....Thanks John ... sort of...... 8P
Right now it's just held on by Blu Tac, I'll have to paint some of the bone sections and will glue it on once I have that section painted.

Progress seems to be on track and I'm pretty optimistic about my time frame. Scott is heading over tomorrow to help with wiring (SO MANY Wires) for the Display Board so hopefully that goes well. The Display Board buildings are almost all cut and correct. I need to get a piece of particle board as a base then I'll start to get the foam and pieces in place plus the wire trenches cut out. Tonight I just need to get the second landing pad based out like the other in case we make a lot of progress with the wiring tomorrow. 8) .. I can always hope haha