Monday, March 13, 2017

Charging up..

 This weekend was busy so didn't get as far as I would have liked but I did make some progress... or did I? I did I guess but some of it I don't know how I'm feeling about it. I started on the lights and did a little more work on the rear exhaust section which I am pretty happy with. But .. the LAS cannons.. I really don't know how I'm liking it. I worked on it for about 2 hours going lighter and then darker and then bringing it lighter again.
 I added a little glow to the surrounding area.. not too much as I didn't want it to look way way bright but I'm not really sure if I like it or hate it. Maybe it's because of how realistic I have been going and then this takes it out of that a bit. The LAS isn't done but I don't know if I should keep going on the effect or so screw it and go back to normal.
 What do you think?
 Siting here looking at the two different sides (I only painted the glow effect on one side) I still keep going back and forth. Though now as I sit I'm thinking the plain look may be the way to go. With some more added metallics and grime.

I'm pretty happy with the exhaust stacks.. the purple fatigue came out looking nice. I'll be adding a little more exhaust powder to it the top of the stacks but otherwise I like it. I'll be adding some more rust and grim but nothing too heavy. I think it needs a little spatter and much here and there too as well.It's almost done though.. once I figure which way I'm going with the LAS it shouldn't take much to wrap it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment