Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion

Worked on getting the head mounted last night, the staff is only being held on by BluTak at the moment. I just wanted to get a feel for what the final look will be. So far, I'd say I'm pleased. He's still a good ways off as I really haven't done all the details I want to get done on him. I'm also in debate on the cloak, I was thinking of a large symbol on the back but with the number of folds on it .... sheesh. Getting it to look like it's folding correctly could be more of a pain then I'd like to think about.Or I can line the hem of the cloak with symbols. Right now I'm still thinking about that haha

I'll probably be adding some weight to the base, with the addition of the head (which is metal) and when the staff is attached permanently (spear head is also metal) it will be very top heavy. I also mounted him on the correct base but wish I would have went with a larger base. Maybe I'll use him when I play but most likely he'll just be sitting on the shelf looking cool haha

I had a little extra time left after mounting the head and clearing it (got all the air brushes fully cleaned and put back together) so I worked on the warp flames a bit. Man those things are annoying me to no end. I want them to look very smooth and flowing, alive like fire but with the shapes and the fact that it needs to look good 360 degrees makes it very tough. I've tried three different looks so far and this is finally starting to look like something I might like when finished. Might not look like it but there is a lot of blending going on in there haha







2 comments:

  1. Nice! That just keep getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 8) .. it's getting there haha.. time has been limited so it's creeping along.

    ReplyDelete