Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Specifications overlaid by a template

I measured the footprint for most of what I'll be using for Nova and started to work on drawing out the template. It's pretty big, way bigger then I thought it was going to be. I think from point to point it's like 22"x28" but for the full army to fit I think was going to have to be big.
Here are two of the Wave Serpents siting on the deck of the Warpgate Platform. Today I'm going to stop by Home Depot to pick up to sheets of pressboard so I can start cutting out the shapes. Once I start cutting them out I'll be putting the breaks in the decks. I drew them out on the sketch so they will be similar to this.
With the light underneath it will shine up through and some of the sections I'll bring up some undergrowth. I still have to figure out the height of it as it's going to be multi leveled. Right now the top of the platform will be about 6" but I may chop it down a little bit.
Here are the vertical sections. The larger one will go in the center cutout, the upturned front will be close to level with the top deck. The smaller one will be in the back cut outs. I'm thinking of using the wood burner to carve in runes on the deck and maybe spines. Only thing is the time it will take and I still have a lot of minis to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment