Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A little of this and a little of that..

Whenever I spray I usually pull a good bit of models that require the same color or treatment. Last night I was going to spray brown, bone and white so I grabbed a handful of Dusk Wolves as well. I wanted to spray the base fades for them as I did a few touch ups on the Wraithknight's base.
I also sprayed some smoke trans and then black trans to add shadows and the signs of electrical burns and explosions.
Then I applied some weathering powders to the spider and the base. Then I cleared it with Satin, I wanted to see what it looked like with a matte finish. There are pluses for each.
a Shiny - gives it that wet clean metal look. But I don't want it to look like its in to good a shape.
b Matte - gives it the wrecked look. But I do want it to look like it's a fresh kill.
Here's the pick of the spider and base before last night..
Tonight I'll probably apply the water effects, hopefully all goes well with that process haha..
The Dusk Wolves after the blends, I'll be doing some other colors and then clearing them to start on some of the washes.

Projects will probably be all over the place for a little bit, I haven't really been thinking about what I'm going to do. Just walking into the room and grab something that interests me at that time haha.. I haven't built anything for awhile so I think that will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment