Friday, June 14, 2013

Carry the one

Worked on Illic a little last night, mainly just got the base colors done. I took my Dad out for diner for Fathers Day so I only squeaked in a half an hour or so. He is a cool looking mini and I'm looking forward to getting him done. Weather he sees the table much will be a different thing haha..
Below are some of the progress pictures of him ..





So I've been looking at some list ideas and trying to figure out some setups that might be fun.

Farseer, on Jetbike with Spear (Maybe the Spirit Stone if you have the points)
Warlock on Jetbike with Spear
Jetbikes x 8 w/ 2 ShurCanns
Makes for a pretty solid HQ squad, and I'd like to try this setup out soon so I made a list that would included that.

You are going to have a very fast high survivability squad that can drop some serious pain with SSpears and TL-BS (rend lite). Then they can fly away .. The only thing I don't like about the large Jetbike Squads are their footprint on the table. They are going to take up a lot of room. I'd say large squad for killing and small for hiding and scoring.

One of the first lists I was thinking about was something like this.
Farseer   Mastery Level 3
    Jetbike
    Singing Spear
    Spirit Stone of Anath'lan
Spiritseer   Mastery Level 2
Warlock   Mastery Level 1
    Jetbike
    Singing Spear
Wraithguard x 6    
Wave Serpent   Skimmer, Jink
    TL Scatter Laser
    ShurCann Upgrade
    Spiritstones
    Holo-Fields
Wraithguard x5    
 w/ D-Sy    
Wave Serpent   Skimmer, Jink
    TL Bright Lance
    Spiritstones
    Holo-Fields
Windrider Jetbikes x8   Jetbikes
    2x ShurCann
Windrider Jetbikes x7   Jetbikes
    2x ShurCann
Crimson Hunter   Flyer
Fire Prism    
Fire Prism    
Fire Prism    
It would be fast and have a ton of threat. Low model count (less then 40) but would be very fun. The two squads of Wraithguard running down your throat backed by a Farseer JB squad my worry people enough to allow the Prism's and Hunters to last long enough to do some real Damage. 

That being said the Fire Prism really stands out as a great buy in the Heavy slot. It's pretty cheap for what it can do and it can handle whatever you want. Drop a plate on a blob or lance down that high AV tank. Plus they only really need to fire one weapon so they can move about and still drop bombs. I don't like spamming but in the list above you want the entire list to be quick and on the move, they would do that the best. 

I'm probably going to play something like this for test purposes.. It gets a lot of different units out there to test.

Illic Nightspear HQ
Warlock HQ w/ JB and Spear
Guardians Troops x20 w/ SL and BL
Dire Avengers Troops x10 w/ Ex, PW and Shimmer
Jetbike Squad Troops x6 w/ 2x ShurCann
Jetbike Squad Troops x6
Rangers Troops x5
Crimson Hunter Fast Attack
Crimson Hunter Fast Attack
Warp Spiders Fast Attack x10
Fire Prism Heavy Support w/SS
Fire Prism Heavy Support w/SS
Warwalkers Heavy Support w/ SL/SC
It's using 2 Prism's for Point Purposes, I'd like to squeeze in Reapers but they are Point Heavy. I also don't know if I want to put an Ex in the Spider Squad. The Spin Rifle is nice but means you have to get closer to get both shots in, as I want these guys to get in, hit you in the face and then get out I want to keep them at max range. I also want to get Illic into a list and him passing Shrouded to his squad is pretty nice. No Warlock rolls and no chance of failure plus Split Fire. This would mainly be for test purposes, I don't see Illic making it into my lists much as a FSeer is still better for the points and flexibility. Though Illic does seem to hate Necrons as much as I do. haha...

So there are a bunch of things I'm looking at and want to test. I'm getting a game in on Sat and one coming up soon after. Once I see the usefulness of some units I'll start to figure out the value of each. 

No comments:

Post a Comment