Thursday, November 12, 2015

Wash Me

 I got a little more work done on the new Dusk Wolf I've been playing around with. I added in some more of the much and some minor details like the chest, shoulders and seals. As I'm getting him closer to done I really which I would have painted him up fully then started testing .. he's looking pretty cool .. I'm liking the level up much .. I'll be adding in some streaking to show the age of the armor and it being out in the elements. I'm in debate about adding in some dried mud. It might look cool but I also want them to feel like they are out in it at the moment so it wouldn't really have time to dry.
 He's sitting and drying now so hopefully tonight or tomorrow I can get a little more work done on him.. it really depends on the drying time.. Oils are nice but they do take awhile to dry. If he's dry and I can sit down to paint I'll clear him and put the next layer on him.

Sorry if the pics are alittle blah but they are from my phone.. this morning I didn't have the time to break out the good camera. But so far I'm really happy with the look.. the added chipping really added another layer to the mucking and since the paint is going to be clean I think it really needs those extra layers to look right. Otherwise it just can look messy.. the bad thing is the time and if I'm going to paint them all up with this method I just have to accept the fact that I'll be putting in some serious time. 8)