Tuesday, February 10, 2015

What are those ?

"The Orks have come", Eli'Sian said as he looked out of control chair..From his vantage point atop the a his towering warmachine. He heard them long before they came into view. The cacophonous sound of their shambling constructions echoed through the ruins of this long dead city. The Orks had overrun this planet and wiped out the small population of humans that had begun colonizing it. The Ork menace could not be allowed to grow and had to be removed quickly. That was why Eli'Sian was here, the Seer's had determined his inclusion in the coming battle would be paramount. The Orks machines came into sight and in the middle of their line an enormous walking contraption. It looked like one of the ruins had come to life, a rusty monstrosity stamped forward, as it moved forward numerous plates and bits fell from it's hulking frame. But it's ramshackle appearance was deceiving, the Orks had attached every manor of weapon to it. Eli ran his hand over the power rune on the console causing the upper head section to slowly lower into place. The visual readouts came to life as did the energy core..  it was time to send the Ork walker back to the scrapyard... 

I've been offline for the past two weeks for many issues but I'm not really going to get into them. But I get get in an awesome game this past weekend with Greg from Feed Your Nerd. We have been trying to get a game in for awhile and he wanted to test out his LVO list so I built up a 2K list. I'll be playing the Nova Open Trios again this year so figured it would be a good time to test a 2K list with the Revenant. 
When Greg put all the Ork walkers on the table it was pretty intimidating looking and I wasn't really sure I was going to have the guns to bring them all down. Thankfully I was using the Revenant! He's a heafy cost at 900 but he does pack a lot of death .. And honestly he's pretty much did all the work. My Crimson Hunter did his job and got his points back but sadly the Prism did bumpkiss as it always seems to for me and the Night Spinner didn't do much but I think it was more against this army as I thought about it later so it's not out of the running but the Prism will be sitting I think. My War Walkers did ok but again it wasn't their kind of fight. They out flanked and popped up on his strong side .. blah ..  but they took out some Kans and hunkered down for the impending butt whipping but he blasted one down with guns which pushed him out of his charge range! Yay they live!! For that turn at least ...haha
This game really came down to killing the Stompa and that happen on the second turn thanks to two Pulsar hits and rolling a 6. I was actually quite stunned that it died like that and once it was down the game was pretty much in hand. I started dancing around and shooting. 4 Str D large blasts are mean and they ended up saying the two remaining War Walkers from their doom.

It was a fun game and it really came down to whether I could kill his Stompa fast enough which I got lucky and that happened! We had some lunch got in a game of 40K and then ran though some mechanics of Malifaux! An awesome hobby day..  not it has me thinking of what I want to take to Nova so I'm working on some list ideas. Though I'm not sure what I'll do with all the Harlequins coming out. I won't paint them as clowns but if they look good I'll mix them in as pirates or something 8)..

Oh and sadly I forgot pictures till late then had to free up space on my phone so only three of them. Greg does have some more so maybe he'll post them up 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment