Tuesday, December 10, 2013

You have to start with a solid base..

Last night I worked on the base for the new Wraithknight and the bases for the two Wraithlords I plan to build. I was going to make them up anyway but also cool they released that new Ghost Army Formation. I downloaded it and there are a couple of decent rules in there but the nicest part would be more Heavy Slots. The downside is just the sheer cost of the formation haha... and with no troops in it would probably have to be for a larger game. Either way.. I started with the bases and used spackle on them to create the Wraithbone look I like..
After that I started to blend in the light brown, bone and umber colors using the airbrush. Well, after I sanded the bases a bit. They were a little rougher then normal, I think I might need to get a new quart of spackle. Probably my fault as it's been out in the garage and it's been pretty cold lately. I don't remember it's number of freeze thaw cycles but I think I may have exceeded them haha..

I mentioned in posts before about looking for better lighting for the spray booth and I think I found it. I went to Lowes to pick up a new Christmas Tree stand and while getting some extra bulbs I saw this..

Utilitech Pro 15-Watt LED Portable Work Light


It looked pretty bright in the store and I figured I'd give it a shot. This thing is awesome.. it is crazy bright and I think it's going to work out great. I just have to figure out how I"m going to mount it in the booth. I might even be picking up another to eliminate the shadows. Another bonus is no heat, so you won't be melting your face as you spray a large project haha.. I'll write some more up about down the road once I get it mounted and all that.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment