Friday, November 8, 2013

Giagantor

The Revenant is getting closer, I worked on some of his sections last night as I was also working on the Dusk Wolves. The thing about using oil washes is it can take a bit longer to get done, oils take much longer to dry and I usually clear between each coat. So as other things were drying I jumped over to the big guy and started getting him together a little more. I sprayed his arm joints and attached them, they aren't glued as they are a very tight fit. I did glue the shoulder guards in place and figure I can rotate the joints if they need to be repositioned.
I also worked on his shoulder thruster vents a little, they will be some final work with a brush though.
Also sprayed the thruster's nozzles with a purplish glow. I did the shoulder, side and leg thrusters but they lower ones are hard to see unless you are down and looking up haha..
The rear spine still amazes me with how big it is.. it's massive haha.. I'll need to work on his side leg guards and really need to figure out how I'm going to treat them. I don't want it to be too plain, Was thinking about a symbol but that is kinda blah too ..

I'll still have a lot of gem work to finish on him but it's pretty cool he's almost done. His base also needs a bunch of love and I still need to figure out where I'm going to get a decent bit of metal to go on the bottom of it ..

I'm making progress on the How To for the Dusk Wolves and using Oil Washes.. it's taking longer then I figured but I want to make it pretty detailed. Hopefully it will be ready by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment