Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
This is one of the first conversions I ever made. This guys is from 1994 or so. I took two sets of wings and chopped them to make them look spread out wide. I also took the barrel from Baharroth to make it a bit more imposing. Not much with today's standards but for back in the day and with metal I'm still pretty happy with him. I still have enough bits to make a 10 man squad like this. I just have to do it haha ..he could use a bit of a paint update though. he's a little short on blending.
At the time I was pretty happy though. Blending his wings, sash, mouth guard and gun. I painted a hawk silhouette on his helm and added some designs to his knee and feet.
I also realized why I hop all over the place all the time. If I’m using a color I’ll pretty much pick up everything that needs that color. I ended up working on a Falcon, Wave Serpent, DW Termies, Diorama, Jain Zar (that was cutting though), Rhino and a Razorback. I went from some blues then pretty much ran all over with metallics. While waiting on some stuff I’d start to glue or cut and trim. Haha .. I did get some time this weekend and was surprised by what little I got done until I realized I got a small bit down on a lot of things haha..
Friday, January 27, 2012
1) Just chop the Las barrel off ( if you are going to magnetize it leave the brace attached to the bottom of the barrel.)
2) Cut the front of 2 Plasmaguns off right behing the hand grip.
3) Cut a square piece of Plasticard to mount them too ( this was for the fact I was going to magnetize it, and also helps you fit it to the Las base.
4) Glue it all together ( or add mags if you are going to)
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Not much on these guys other then the base.. the cloaks are separate till I get their bodies all done up.